Movement at last! Today, I completed the first content edit on Chapter 15, meaning I’ve 32,079 words in the new document for the book. I hope to have greater progress to report next week, now that I’ve completed all the work on migration of files and pictures to my new PC.
Of course, there’s still a lot of catching up to do. Around 80 emails that require more than passing attention. Some reorganisation of pictures into more meaningful folders, and the development of a new website for the charity I help. But I feel more confident of moving forward with the book now I’ve put the nightmare of the last few weeks behind me.
There are lots of things I look forward to doing in the next few months. Mostly creative stuff. So, I’m feeling quite upbeat now.
The movement of the files has not only given me an incentive to make organisational changes, it’s also reminded me of work I’d completely forgotten about: I’ve discovered stories, and even novels, I’d forgotten I’d written! So, lots of stuff to explore and develop in the future.
For now, I’m concentrating on the last book in the Generation Mars series. It’s shaping up well and looks like it’ll be the best of the series when finished.