Progress on the WIP: SciFi in the Making.

Pic of Mars polar deposits via NASA.


The end of another week, and the 2nd rewrite is complete at 92,417 words, which is an increase of 1,159: the total is supposed to diminish when you’re editing! No matter.

I had a brief online chat with my publisher this week and sent him the synopsis. We’ve decided on a deadline for completion, so I’m pretty motivated to get the book ready for him now. That means I’ll have to put other things on the back burner for a while to concentrate on the book. I’ve already got 3527 words edited to the stage where it’s ready for my beta readers.

At this stage, I put the words through the mincer at Prowritingaid as a means of picking up those oddities I might miss whilst editing. It’s a simple process but gives a pretty comprehensive analysis that generally spots most things in need of correction.

So, the coming weeks will involve more devotion to the job and less time spent prevaricating, exploring and generally having online fun. Fingers; watch out for some fairly intensive exercise!

Busy I’ll be, but I’ll continue with these reports as I progress.

If you’re a writer, I hope you’re having success. If you’re a reader, I hope your interest in the book is increasing. Let me know.