What is it?
It’s a different kind of fantasy/scifi/gaming convention open to anyone and everyone with an interest in these popular topics. A place to take part, rather than simply a market place (though there are things to buy for those who want them, of course). And if you’re a Dr Who fan, you’ll find a Dalek and some familiar faces here along with many excellent representations of fantasy/scifi characters in the Cosplay area.
Where is it?
At The Country Park Inn, Hessle. This is in a fabulous location, just under the famous Humber Bridge right on the river and about 5 miles west of the centre of Hull. It’s the town where I was raised as a young child and teenager, so I know it well.
When is it?
It’s open on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th October from 10:00 am.
And everyone is welcome. I’ll be there, signing books, doing a reading, and featuring on a panel with other writers talking about our working ways.
Come along. You can still get a ticket, here.
Further details, links and a snippet from the programme are listed below.
- Drive a starship as part of an Artemis Crew
- Join in a nightly Nerf War
- Have a go in the latest virtual reality with an Oculus Rift
- See the latest games in action in our technology corner, including Elite: Dangerous and the guys from GAME
- Test a Google Cardboard
- Drive a Dalek
- Watch Simon Fisher Becker‘s exclusive live show
- Join in live Q&A and workshops both days including an award winning independent film maker, the man behind Star Trek Fact Files and much more
- Fix your gear at the dedicated Cosplay Hospital – Cash Prizes for the best costumes!
- Listen in to book readings from Kate Russell, Drew Wagar, Linda Acaster, Jex Collyer, Stuart Aken, John Scotcher and more
- Meet our celebrities, authors and guests – including, Simon Fisher-Becker (Dr. Who), Kate Russell (BBC Click), Toby Longworth, Jon Campling, Penelope MacDonald and many others!
- And to keep you refreshed – unlimited free soft drinks and biscuits!
- Not too late to join the list of great sponsors for the event!
- And, if you really can’t make it, you can get the books online here.